This Competition is dedicated to the memory of Joni Costelloe
Prize Fund: €1,500 for the best collection of poems.
Entry: 6–12 individual poems OR an equivalent longer single work, which may be in sections or in the form of a sequence. This competition is open only to those who have not yet published a complete book of poems. (Individual pieces may have received prior publication but not previously received an award).
Adjudicator: Moya Cannon
Entry Fee: €20.00 with each Poetry Collection submitted.
Sponsor: Tim Costelloe, Profile Developments
General Competition Rules
NO ENTRY FORM IS REQUIRED FOR COMPETITIONS
The Closing Date for receipt of novels for The Kerry Group Irish Novel of the Year Award is: 1st February, 2014.
The Closing Date for receipt of all other competition entries is: 1st March 2014.
- Entries cannot have been previously published.
- All Entries must be typed with the exception of the Writing for Youth Competitions.
- Please retain a copy, as entries will not be returned.
- Please submit your name and contact details on a separate sheet. The entrant’s identity must not appear on the competition entry (with the exception of The Creative Writing for Youth Competitions).
- Entries may be in Irish or in English / Is féidir iontrálacha a bheith i mBéarla nó i nGaeilge.
- Please identify the specific competition for which you are entering on the front of the envelope, for example ‘The Bryan MacMahon Short Story Award’.
- The appropriate fee must be included with the entry, otherwise the entry will not be adjudicated. (See below for payment options.)
- An unlimited number of entries per person may be submitted for the competitions with the exception of The Kerry County Council Creative Writing for Youth Competition where only one entry per student may be submitted
- The adjudicators’ verdict is final and no correspondence shall be entered into regarding individual competition entries. Winners only will be notified.
- Awards may not be presented where an appropriate standard is not achieved.
- Listowel Writers’ Week reserves the right to withhold or to publish winning entries in the publication Winners’ Anthology 2014.
Paying for Competitions
Payments can be made by cheque, payable to Listowel Writers’ Week Ltd (Overseas cheques & postal orders are not acceptable) or by Credit / Debit Card (Please note the fee for Credit/Debit Cards, €3 per transaction).
Tel: +353 (0) 68 21074. Please do not send cash.
Submit Entries To:
“Competition Title” (e.g. Bryan MacMahon Short Story Award)
Listowel Writers’ Week Limited
24 The Square, Listowel, Co. Kerry