Listowel Writers’ Week is an internationally
acclaimed literary festival devoted to bringing together
writers and audiences at unique and innovative events in
the historic and intimate surroundings of Listowel County Kerry.
1st to 5th of JUNE 2016
Listowel Writers' Week 2016 - A Kingdom of Words
Fiction, Philosophy and Football! – some of the themes at this year’s festival.
We are delighted to announce details of our 45th edition, which takes place between 1 – 5th June 2016.
Award-winning Irish and international writers descending on our beautiful heritage town this year include Gerbrand Bakker, Joanne Harris, AC Grayling, Danielle McLaughlin, David Park, Lucy Caldwell, Louis De Berniéres, Anakana Schofield, Patrick De Witt, James Runcie and AL Kennedy.
Also appearing are Pulitzer prize-winning poets Paul Muldoon and Gregory Pardlo, who will be travelling from New York to woo the Listowel audiences with their poetic vision. Other internationals attending are award-winning writers Jean Echenoz from France and Israel’s Savyon Liebrecht.
Tickets for all events are now available for booking through our Box Office and Online.
Festival Programme 2016
Booking Office Now Open
A. C. Grayling
A L Kennedy
Gregory Pardlo & Moya Cannon
- Well known for our friendliness and informal atmosphere,
- we have a diverse selection of readings, interviews,
- forums, poetry, art, theatre, book launches,
- pub trails and bus & walking tours.
- Come join us for the magic that is Listowel.
- Booking can be made online by clicking the
- Book Now button, however if you prefer to
- book over the phone, please feel free to
- ring us on ( 00 353 ) 68 21074 and we would
- be delighted to take your booking.
- Our Festival Ticket 2016 entitles the bearer
- access to over 30 literary events on
- Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
- The 1 Day Festival Ticket entitles the bearer
- access to all literary events on one day.
The National Children’s literary festival at Listowel Writers’ Week aims to encourage children of all ages to discover and engage with the world of literature and arts. We aim to present an annual program of events that are educational, inspiring and accessible to children and their families. (Most importantly we aim to have fun!)