Listowel Writers’ Week is an internationally
acclaimed literary festival devoted to bringing together
writers and audiences at unique and innovative events in
the historic and intimate surroundings of Listowel County Kerry.
31st May to 4th of JUNE 2017
Listowel Writers' Week 2016 - A Kingdom of Words
As we bid farewell to Listowel Writers Week 2016, I know how Winnie the Pooh felt when he said ‘How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard.‘
The sun shone for us and we were surrounded by kindred spirits of the Arts world from near and far. Old friendships were renewed and new friendships established. With many a call of ‘See you next year!’ we close the door on this year’s festival and begin the planning and preparations for Listowel Writers Week 2017.
We have new and exciting adventures planned within, and without, of our festival dates and will keep you all informed via our website, e-zines and social media pages.
As always, we welcome suggestions from our audiences and guests so please feel free to contact our Festival managers if you would like to put forward any ideas of your own for inclusion in our Programme for 2017.
If you would like to read our winning entries from our literary competitions, here is the link.
Booking Office Now Closed until Early 2017
A. C. Grayling
A L Kennedy
Gregory Pardlo & Moya Cannon
- Well known for our friendliness and informal atmosphere,
- we have a diverse selection of readings, interviews,
- forums, poetry, art, theatre, book launches,
- pub trails and bus & walking tours.
- Come join us for the magic that is Listowel.
- Booking can be made online by clicking the
- Book Now button, however if you prefer to
- book over the phone, please feel free to
- ring us on ( 00 353 ) 68 21074 and we would
- be delighted to take your booking.
- Our Festival Ticket 2016 entitles the bearer
- access to over 30 literary events on
- Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
- The 1 Day Festival Ticket entitles the bearer
- access to all literary events on one day.
The National Children’s Literary Festival at Listowel Writers’ Week aims to encourage children of all ages to discover and engage with the world of literature and arts. We aim to present an annual programme of events that are educational, inspiring and accessible to children and their families. (Most importantly we aim to have fun!)